AGREEMENT BETWEEN USER AND CANADIAN RACE RELATIONS FOUNDATION
The Canadian Race Relations Foundation (hereafter CRRF) Website is offered to you conditional upon your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions and notices contained herein. Your use of the CRRF Website constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and notices.
CRRF reserves the right to change the terms, conditions and notices offered on its Website, including but not limited to the charges associated with the use of the programs on its Website.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The CRRF Website may contain links to other Websites (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under the control of CRRF, which is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including, but not limited to, any link contained in a Linked Site or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. CRRF is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. CRRF is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by CRRF of the site or any association with its operators.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
As a condition of your use of the CRRF Website, you warrant to CRRF that you will not use the CRRF Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the CRRF Website in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the CRRF Website or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the CRRF Website. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the CRRF Website.
USE OF COMMUNICATION SERVICES
The CRRF Website may contain bulletin board services, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively referred to herein as “Communication Services”). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are appropriate and related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity), unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless the Communication Service specifically allows such messages.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
CRRF has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, it reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials at its sole discretion. CRRF reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
CRRF reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request or to edit, refuse to post or remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, at its sole discretion.
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service. CRRF does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Service, and therefore, it specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service. Managers and hosts are not authorized CRRF spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of CRRF.
Materials uploaded to a Communication Service may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
ONLINE CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
All payments to CRRF using online credit card facilities are subject to the following conditions:
- If you are registering for a paid event as an event invitee, we may request payment information to conclude the transaction as well as your mailing address or other contact information to ensure authentification and proper delivery. We use industry-standard secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. We do not sell or rent your personal financial information.
- When you engage in an e-commerce transaction on our site using a credit card, your credit card information, including the number and expiration date and your billing address, is passed on to the merchant processor (Moneris) with whom the transaction was placed; only Cvent and the merchant processor with whom you placed the order have access to your credit card information. Your credit card information is stored with each order in the Cvent system just long enough to fully process your transaction. After the transaction has been completed, your credit card information is removed from our system for security reasons.
- You can decline to provide credit card information and any other information through our site at any time. If you should choose to withhold requested information, we will not be able to process your transaction.
- The Cvent registration site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information under its control. Cvent protects secure data with industry-standard firewall and password protection systems. It periodically reviews and improves its security and privacy policies as necessary. Cvent only allows pre-authorized individuals access to its servers and to information provided through online registration.
- To cancel or update your registration, follow the instructions in your confirmation email or go back to the registration link (when it becomes live) to make changes to your registration as well as to any other guests or attendees you registered under your main registration.
Please note that no data transmission over the Internet is infallible. Any information you transmit through CRRF’s site is done at your own risk. Once your information is received, CRRF will take every reasonable precaution to ensure its security on CRRF’s systems.
When you complete the online payment form, funds will be deducted from your credit card in the currency specified. Payments are debited to the Canadian Race Relations Foundation.
If your payment fails, please use one of the other payment methods described on CRRF Website. You may arrange an alternative payment method promptly to ensure access to CRRF’s services.
CRRF’s terms and conditions for online credit card payments are subject to change at any time.
MATERIALS PROVIDED TO CRRF WEBSITE
CRRF does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to it (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to the CRRF Website or its associated services (collectively referred to herein as “Submissions”). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission, you are granting CRRF, its affiliated companies and necessary sublicenses permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their Internet businesses, including, but not limited to, the rights to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission and to publish your name in connection with your Submission.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission. CRRF is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you provide and may remove any Submission at any time at its sole discretion.
By posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission as described in this section including, but not limited to, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the Submission.
THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CRRF WEBSITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. CRRF AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE CRRF WEBSITE AT ANY TIME. ADVICE RECEIVED VIA THE CRRF WEBSITE SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR PERSONAL, MEDICAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS, AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE TAILORED TO YOUR SITUATION.
CRRF AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED ON THE CRRF WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE APPLICABLE LAWS, ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. CRRF AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT SHALL CRRF AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE CRRF WEBSITE, WITH THE DELAYED USE OF INABILITY TO USE THE CRRF WEBSITE OR RELATED SERVICES, THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS OBTAINED THROUGH THE CRRF WEBSITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE CRRF WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF CRRF OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
SERVICE CONTACT: email@example.com
CRRF reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the CRRF Website and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice. Use of the CRRF Website is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including, but not limited to, this paragraph.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between you and CRRF as a result of this agreement or use of the CRRF Website. CRRF’s performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of CRRF’s right to comply with governmental, court or law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the CRRF Website or information provided to or gathered by CRRF with respect to such use. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to the applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect. Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and CRRF with respect to the CRRF Website and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and CRRF with respect to the CRRF Website. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES
All contents of the CRRF Website are Copyright © 2005-2010, Canadian Race Relations Foundation. All rights reserved.
- The names of actual organizations, companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
NOTICES AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Notification of a copyright infringement claim must be submitted to the following:
Canadian Race Relations Foundation
4576 Yonge Steet, Suite 701
Toronto, ON M2N 6N4
Phone: (416) 952-3500
The notification must be in writing and include:
- The signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
- Identification of each work whose copyright is allegedly infringed
- Identification of the allegedly infringing material and information that would reasonably enable CRRF to locate such material
- Information that would reasonably enable CRRF to contact the party complaining of an alleged infringement (e.g., address, telephone number, e-mail address)
- A statement that the complaining party believes in good faith that the specified use of the allegedly infringing material has not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
Last modified: 2015-07-20